01273 321133

The Langfords Hotel 8-16 Third Avenue Hove BN3 2PX

What is Chiropractic?

Chiropractic manual therapies, best known for relieving lower back pain, however, most Chiropractors will treat the whole body, back, neck and limbs. A Chiropractor appears to concentrate on spinal joint function but really we are fascinated with the spine because there are 31 pairs of nerves that exit each side of the spine, which innervate muscles, ligaments and skin. These same nerve roots also innervate organs and glands. When the spine or any joint in the body is not functioning correctly it can cause inflammation and back pain due to disturbed nerve function.

A Chiropractor applies gentle pressure to a specific joint of the spine or limb that is dysfunctional. This results in reduced pain and inflammation and restored function to the affected area relieving back pain, migraines, cervico-genic headaches, knee or shoulder problems. However, something to keep in mind, only 10% of each nerve root that exits the spine, stimulate pain. The other 90% regulate other bodily functions which when disturbed are not so easily detected. Therefore, don’t think you have to be in pain to benefit from Chiropractic care.

Chiropractic is not just for pain relief; it’s for health.

This exercise is a very clever neurological exercise to improve posture and relieve upper body pain. Read more about it here.